Beacon- A signaling or guiding device

Saturday, September 26, 2009

The fall season

Fall is my favorite time of the year, its when the air gets crisp and the sun seems to shine brighter. The leaves on the trees turn into beautiful bright colors and everything looks new and fresh again. I love that my routine begins again and new activities start. I love picking the fresh fall fruits and veggies and going to the markets. It's also my favorite time of the year to do outdoor activities, there's nothing better then a cool sunny fall day spent out side to rejuvenate your soul! This is the season of my life for quality family time.
Some of the things we as a family like to do and extra fun for school in the fall are: Visiting farms, to pick apples, plums, pumpkins and grapes. We visit different markets and talk about the importance of buying local when ever possible. We will do a Unit study on farm life and talk about the important roles of each person, animal and different farm equipment used, this is a great time to visit a working farm . All ready this fall we did a study on ocean animals and did a shoreline clean up at our favorite beach, this opened up awareness of keeping shoreline creatures safe and cleaning up our fragile environment. I think our family eats better, feels better and plays better in the fall!

No comments:

Post a Comment